Volunteers are the lifeblood of The Little Bit Foundation. There week after week, time and again, out of love. Willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done. Encouraging and inspiring others through simple acts of kindness. Forming bonds and touching young lives in ways they may never fully know. We would not exist without the time, talents and passion of our incredible volunteers, and they tell us they are equally blessed by the experience.
- Warehouse team – Work with others to pull items for individual student orders; count, sort and prep items for delivery; assemble backpacks with school supplies, personal and dental hygiene kits and Books and Buddies.
Time requirements: Once per month up to once per week for a minimum of two hours, Mon. - Fri., 9AM-3PM
- School representative – Become part of a four-person team making weekly visits to a Little Bit school to deliver needed items for individual students.
Time requirements: Once per month up to once per week for four hours each week, Mon.-Thurs., mornings or Thurs. afternoon
- 1-2-3 Read book fairs – Work with a team to set up and organize book fairs at each of our schools. Activities include helping children select reading level appropriate books, conducting needs assessments of each child for core programming needs and reading to students while they wait.
Time requirements: Book fairs are held every Friday morning.
- STEM – Help facilitate STEM programs in partner schools. Work with the students and affiliate organizations to implement STEM events.
Time requirements: Varies based on partner programs.
- Special events – Join a Little Bit event committee, helping to secure sponsorships and in-kind donations and increasing participation at events. Little Bit conducts events throughout the year, including Music Trivia in the first quarter of the calendar year, a Big Fun event in the summer and our Join the Journey Gala in the fall.
Time requirements: Four hours per month for meetings and donation/sponsor solicitation; more as event date approaches
Volunteer groups – We welcome volunteer groups and high school students in need of service hours to serve in our distribution center or through the organization of product drives
*All weekly Little Bit school and warehouse volunteers receive comprehensive training and are required to complete a criminal background screening.Interested in learning more? Please complete the following information or contact Lucy at 314-669-0040 or firstname.lastname@example.org.